1. step up your game 有更好的表现
例句：If you want to win this competition, you’ll have to step up your game.
2. you rock 你真棒
例句：Thanks for the tickets, Rob. You rock!
3. cut sb some slack 给(某人)方便;对(某人)网开一面
- Andrew's late again.
- Cut him some slack - his wife's just had a baby.
4. come out swinging 开始相互攻击
例句：After a day off, Hillary and Trump this morning again launched another hard week of campaigning, and they both came out swinging.
5. go up in flames 毁于一旦，受到重创
例句：His career went up in flames when he was jailed for theft.
6. pull yourself together 恢复镇定;控制自己
例句：I understand you’ve had a bad day, but pull yourself together and get on with your job, will you?
7. crunch time 关键时刻
例句：I’m not getting enough sleep these days. It’s crunch time at work.
8. once in a blue moon 少有地
例句：My sister lives in Alaska, so I only see her once in a blue moon.
9. tar sb with the same brush 认为……是一丘之貉
例句：Because they worked so closely in the same department, John was tarred with the same brush as Tim.
10. hang in there 坚持住;挺住
例句：Work can get tough in the middle of a term but hang in there and it'll be OK.
11. shoot from the hip 鲁莽行动(或讲话)
例句：Miss Lee, I have to apologize for shooting from the hip and yelling at you for losing the papers. I was in a big hurry and forgot I left them right here in my drawer.
12. be a catch 值得追求的人，宜婚对象
例句：John is taking me out tonight. He’s such a catch, I hope he’ll propose.
13. running on fumes 非常疲惫，就快熬不住了
例句：I’m sorry, but I’ve got to go home now. I haven’t slept for twenty hours and I’m running on fumes.
14. sell (sb) out 背叛;出卖
例句：French farmers feel they've been sold out by their government in the negotiations.
15. sell sb (on sth) 说服某人(做某事)
例句：OK, you’ve sold me. I’ll go with you.
16. blow sb away 使(某人)大为惊讶;令(某人)非常高兴
例句：The ending will blow you away.
17. blow smoke 蒙人，骗人，放烟雾弹
例句：I’m not blowing smoke. I have honestly read War and Peace by Tolstoy.
18. couldn't care less (表示强调)一点也不在乎
- That man stole a bottle of wine from the shop.
- Oh, really? I couldn’t care less.
19. chuffed to bits 高兴，兴奋
例句：Hey, thanks for the present! I’m chuffed to bits.
20. feel under the weather 生病;觉得不舒服
-I'm feeling a bit under the weather.
- I think I've caught a cold.
22. a stone's throw 很短的距离，掷石之遥
例句：The cottage is just a stone's throw from the sea.
23. hear (sth) on/through the grapevine 从传闻中听说;通过道听途说获悉;听小道消息知道
-I heard on the grapevine that he was leaving.
- is it true?
24. sit on the fence 骑墙观望，犹豫不决
例句：You can't sit on the fence any longer - you have decide whose side you're on.
25. take sth with a pinch of salt 对……半信半疑，对……有所怀疑
例句：You have to take everything she says with a pinch of salt, she does tend to exaggerate.